quarta-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2015

Extemporaneous daisies

By Leda Chaves

Daisies in the balcony

When the end of the year began to approach, I started to think about writing a special message to my readers. İt was then that I remembered the daisies from our balcony.

They arrived here earlier this year when my husband presented me with flowers. Daisies. In this region, they are born everywhere in the spring. They are wild. No one plants common daisies therefore, they are sold with the roots. I love daisies and so, he bought them for me.

After a few days in the jar, I decided to plant them to see if more time would last. I took a pot of yogurt and I planted them. Well, it worked. They avenged. The daisies were our companions during the months before the summer. Lots of new shoots and new flowers appeared. We took care of them with great affection because, besides we like flowers very much, they had a special meaning for us.

However, under intense summer heat, they did not resist and withered. But I kept the pot. At the end of the days, always watering and cleaning pests, I was feeding my hope of seeing them again in spring.

When summer ended and the heat lessened, the pot of daisies started to show signs of life. Many delicate sprigs began to emerge and then, the first daisy surprised us. Its coming brought joy to our lives. Every morning, we were greeting the flower, when one of us was going to water it. Then, it has emerged another and another. When the first was already ending its cycle, there were many others.

Daisies inhabited our balcony throughout the fall and make us joyful with its simplicity and delicacy. In late autumn, when it began to rain, the watering became less necessary. But even this, we were going there to take care of them and other plants. They live as a community, like in nature, close to each other in one side of the balcony. Daisies live among the roses and dandelions. The vase is under the the guardrail and they turned to outside looking for the sun. They live happily, like hanged down.

Daisies in the balcony

Today, the air is so cold that seems like ice inside the nose. Even this, I decided to put my nose out to see if they were okay. And again, I could see with joy that they are still there, leaned over the base of the guard rail, inclined towards the sun, today, hidden by the clouds. 

Daisies through the balcony rail.

My husband told me that he had never seen daisies during the winter. One of the rose bushes also decided to be like the daisies and offered us a new rosebud. İt is there in the balcony and looks more red in these cloudy days. 

Small red rose

All flowers are beautiful and healthy, full of love and we are grateful to have these beautiful fellows.

The "Blog da Margarida" wishes that happy experiences like that permeate throughout the coming year bringing joy like those extemporaneous flowers!

Happy 2015!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Todas as publicações deste blog pertencem à Leda Chaves Erdem.

Neste blog, todos os comentários serão moderados.